I came across a prompt today which said to come up with 12 good reasons to sleep in. It seemed fitting to write a post on since I’m on holidays at the moment.
But that’s too easy. Anyway, I don’t need more excuses to sleep in. So, here’s it is (in no particular order):
12 Reasons NOT To Sleep In
- More time to do stuff. You know there’s not enough time in the day. By getting up earlier, at least you get more.
- More productive. Apparently getting up earlier increases productivity throughout the day. I never knew that before, but I suppose it makes sense.
- Breakfast. Some people don’t have time for breakfast in the mornings. That can change.
- Exercise. Same as above.
- Make the most of quiet time. It’s nice in the mornings when no one’s around to distract from work or relaxation.
- To build discipline. (And if you have to be up early, to build a habit.) It is hard to get up in the mornings, no matter the time. Forcing yourself to do it anyway, builds skills that can be carried through to other things you have to do.
- Avoid the rush. If you’re like me, you probably spend the mornings rushing around trying to get ready to go in time. Getting up early gives you plenty of time to get ready.
- To read. Again with the quiet time stuff.
- To write. If you’re a blogger, start working on your post. Other writers, use the chance to work on your project.
- To think about your next blog post. I ran out of ideas befor I got half-way, and I’m honestly not sure if anything I’m writing is making sense.
- To study or do homework. Early in the morning is the perfect time to do last minute work before it’s due that day.
- To plan your day/week. I generally don’t get a whole lot done without some sort of schedule. Use the extra time in the morning to do that.
Do you try and get up early in the mornings? If so, why do you do it?