Batman Puzzle

During the final days of the school year, we had different classes to our normal timetable. One of those was woodwork, and we had three sessions to make pretty much whatever we wanted. My friend, Lyke, and I made puzzles.

We didn’t bother to draw the designs on then, for fear of running out of time, so among everything else, that was my job for today.

I made mine for my brother, J, and seeing as I made him a Batman fan, I chose to do a Bat-symbol. I was going to do a Spider-Man one, too, but I ran out of time.

Rather than finding a picture on the Internet, I printed out a design I had already drawn. I cut it out to use it as a stencil. To stop the puzzle from moving as I drew, I taped it together on the back, which worked really well.

I didn’t get a picture, but I traced the symbol with pencil first. I then went over it with some black paint, and started filling it in.

Tada! I wasn’t happy with how I could see the puzzle through the cracks, though.


Here’s a before and after of all the pieces separated. In the first picture, the edges are the same as the background, but in the second picture, they’re black, to fix the previous problem. I also gave the symbol another coat of paint.

And here’s the “finished” version. I was going to give it a background, too, but I was running out of time. He’s only two, he won’t mind. But even so, I’ll probably do it after he’s unwrapped it. In any case, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.


(Note: Sorry about the massive pictures. I’ll resize them once I get on my computer.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s